From 2 July 2018, Australia will have a New Child Care Package.
Under the new package, the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) will replace the existing Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate. CCS will be the main way the Government assists families with their child care fees. Some basic requirements must be satisfied for an individual to be eligible to receive Child Care Subsidy for a child. These include:
- the age of the child (must be 13 or under and not attending secondary school),
- the child meeting immunisation requirements, and;
- the individual, or their partner, meets the residency requirements.
In addition, to be eligible for Child Care Subsidy the individual must be liable to pay for care provided, the care must be delivered in Australia by an approved child care provider, and not be part of a compulsory education program.
There are three factors that will determine a family’s level of Child Care Subsidy. These are:
- Combined Family Income,
- Activity Test – the activity level of both parents, and;
- Service Type – type of child care service.
Please contact our office for further information on how these changes will impact you.
Source: Department of Education & Training